For this year 2019, PAYODHI brings to you NDA 2019 online test series. Those who are in Class 12th or have cleared class 12th can opt for this course -NDA Online Test Series. The key highlights of the offering being as follows:
Key highlights of the offering:
- 100 Online MOCK tests (50 MOCK tests in the test area of Mathematics & 50 MOCKs in the test area of General Ability) -A total of 13500 questions
- 30 Online Sectional Tests (10 each in the test area of Maths, English and Science)
The test series has been designed after doing a thorough analysis of the exam test papers(of the earlier years).
B) Key highlights of the exam
- Name of the Exam: NDA and N.A Examination (National Defence Academy and Naval Academy)
- Exam Conducting body:Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
- Number of times exam is conducted in a year: Twice (first in April and next in September)
- Selection Procedure: Exam conducted in two stages -Stage 1(Written Test) and Stage 2(Interview conducted by Services Selection Board – Ministry of Defence).
- Outline of the stages:STAGE 1: This is the first stage of the two stage process. This stage is conducted in two sessions (Morning session and Afternoon Session). Each session is of 150 mins time duration. In the first session, the first test area (MATHEMATICS) is conducted and after a gap of one hour, the second test area (GENERAL ABILITY TEST) is conducted in the evening session. This stage is of a total 900 marksSTAGE II: ONLY those clear STAGE I are called for STAGE II. Around 10,000 candidates are shortlisted (from around 3 lakh candidates who appear for stage I) for this stage II. This stage comprises interviews, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tasks and the conference(conducted by Ministry of Defence). The interviews run for a period of five days. This stage is of a total 900 marks.
- Outline of the test areas (STAGE I): There are two PAPERS (as a part of STAGE I) as outlined below. Each question carries equals marks. For any question wrongly answer marked, one third of the marks assigned to that question is deducted as penalty.MATHEMATICS: It comprises a total of 120 questions to be attempted in 150 mins. Total marks being 300. The questions are of Class 12th syllabus -Trigonometry, Calculus, Vectors, Matrices and Determinants, Algebra, Probability etc.General Ability Test: This paper comprises a total of 150 questions to be attempted in 150 mins. Questions are from three sub-areas -English (50 qs), Science (50 qs) and Others (History, Geography, Current Affairs -50 qs). Total marks for this paper is 600 marks.
- Who can write the exam: Anyone who is in Class 12th OR anyone who has cleared class 12th can write the exam.
- Mode of writing the test: Pen Paper (However, the application procedure is ONLY Online)
- Training: The selected candidates are given training at NDA for the three services -Army, Navy, and Airforce. All the cadets, on passing out, are awarded BSc/BA/B.Tech degrees from Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi.